You may be thinking, "I love the Race For Wellness so far, but I'd really like some instructions on how to log my workouts!" Well.....we're here to help! Here is a detailed blog with everything you need to know.
Manual submissions through the campaign website:
1. Go to www.bitly.com/Race4Wellness, and login using your email and password (these are the credentials you used to register for the campaign).
2. Click on your name in the top right hand corner and click workouts.
3. Now click the big orange plus sign.
4. Enter the workout details (miles & duration).
5. Use the standard conversion factor of 2000 steps = 1 mile, if you’ve recorded the workout in steps.
5. Click on the orange Submit button and you're done!
Using the Charity Footprints App:
1. Download the Charity Footprints app; it's free!
2. Login using your email and password (these are the credentials you used to register for the campaign)
3. Your home screen will be blue. Make sure you agree to share your location with the app!
4. Now click the light blue start button and get walking!
5. Once you are finished, click the red save button, then click the green save workout button.
How to sync your Apple iPhone/Apple Watch through the Health App:
1. Download the Charity Footprints iOS app, it's free!
2. Login using your Charity Footprints credentials (that you used to register for the campaign).
3. Click on the hamburger menu (the three parallel lines in the upper left corner) and go to "Settings.”
4. You should see "Integrate HealthKit" option. If not, please make sure that you have the latest version of the Charity Footprints app, then restart your app and make sure you are connected to the internet. Contact us (email@example.com) if you still don’t see “Integrate Healthkit.
5. Click “Integrate HealthKit” and grant permission for Charity Footprints app.
6. You should now be able to see the “Sync now with HealthKit.” Your Apple phone is now synched, and Charity Footprints will now be able to read your steps data.
7. To update your steps on the campaign, simply open the Charity Footprints app and your HealthKit steps will automatically sync!
(To sync your Apple Watch with "Health" app on your iPhone, the good people at Wikihow have these instructions, in case you need some help with this.)
How to sync your Android phone through the Google Fit App:
1. Sync your Android device with "Google Fit" app on your Android phone. Here are the instructions to do so.
2. Download the Charity Footprints Android app, it's free!
3. Login using your Charity Footprints credentials (that you used to register for the campaign)
4. Click on the hamburger menu (the three parallel lines in the upper left) and go to "Settings.”
5. You should see "Integrate Google Fit" option. If not, please make sure that you have the latest version of the Charity Footprints app, then restart your app and make sure you are connected to Internet. Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you still don’t see “Integrate Google Fit.”
6. Enable "Sync with Google Fit" and give Charity Footprints permission to read your steps count. Make sure that you’re using the same email account that you have linked your Google Fit app with.
7. To update your steps on the campaign, simply open the Charity Footprints app and your HealthKit steps will automatically sync with our servers.
*Please note that your phone is receiving good GPS signal for accurate tracking. Inclement weather and/or high rise buildings generally lead to difficulty in accurately storing workout. Please make sure you are connected to network else your workout will be saved locally and will be pushed to server when you exit and restart the app in presence of network!
How to Sync Fitness Wearable Devices
Select a device type that you’d like to track your miles on and follow the steps to set up!
- Go to https://www.charityfootprints.com/portal/user/devices, and login using your Charity Footprints credentials (these are the credentials you used to register for the campaign).
- Click on the “Integrate Fitbit” button. This will take you to Fitbit’s website.
- Login to your ‘Fitbit’ account
- Grant Charity Footprints access to reading your steps data.
- You should now see “Fitbit Connected”.
- In the dropdown below “Test your Fitbit Device”, select Project Happiness’ campaign
- Now, when you sync your Fitbit with your Fitbit app, Charity Footprints will sync the steps automatically.
Note: If “Test your Fitbit Device” doesn’t show last 7 days of steps data, please “Re-integrate Fitbit.”
We currently do not sync to the Garmin device. But you can still log your miles manually through the website, or if you carry an iPhone with you, you can use the instructions above to sync your health kit and the steps will log.
If you are choosing to workout in other ways during the Race For Wellness rather than walking, running, or biking, then no fear, you can still manually input these exercises!
1 hour of a high intensity fitness class, such as bootcamp, pure barre, weight lifting, body pump, step class, dance etc. would be 3 miles.
1 hour of spin class equals 15 miles.
1 hour of low intensity fitness class such as yoga or pilates, would be 2 miles.
Note: If your steps data does not start appearing on the campaign site within 24 hours, or if you have any other questions, please email email@example.com